Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fun Things

I worry a lot that Ms. J will lose mental acuity from all the time she sits in front of the television. She worries about it as well, and gave me instructions to find a word game for her during today's Barnes & Noble trip.

I decided that this card game version of Scattergories was a good one. It's really a good substitute for the full game, especially since she can't write now. I have a feeling she will have fun with this, since it's something the whole family can enjoy. It's very sad to play games during the holidays and have her just sitting there, watching us. Cruel, I think, could be another term for it. I would like to keep her included in everything we do, so she feels like she is still a part of things. I can't imagine how it would feel to be unable to participate after always having been the matriarch of the family, the one who always made sure everyone was included.

Anyone else have some good word game ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment