Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Well, it has certainly been a time of great thankfulness. Ms. J is doing better, she's surrounded by family, AND her wheelchair has been returned. (Still no idea where it was hiding. Bad chair!)

I had breakfast with my father, then went to the hospital to get Ms. J's makeup on and such. Just in time, as the family started filing in after that. A few hours later, I took off to go make dinner.

And boy, it turned out GOOD. Really, it did. I used a recipe from the Food Network to brine the turkey, and it was almost perfect. (Slightly too much salt, IMO.) Following that came yams, green beans, squash, stuffing, cranberries, turkey cookies, stewed oysters, and pie. Yum. My parents and I ate, then pureed everything and took small portions to Ms. J. She liked it all, except the oysters. Apparently they don't do well when blended.

There was a considerable lack of mashed potatoes in my T-Giving meal, since Ms. J hates them now. They use instant potatoes to puree everything at THE HOME or at the hospital, so they've lost favor.

So many things to be thankful for this year...thanks to God for letting us keep Ms. J for a bit longer. Thanks to certain family members who have finally come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment