Saturday, November 28, 2009

Getting Out of The Hospital

We got Ms. J safely out of the hospital yesterday evening after the nurse practitioner deemed her healthy enough to return home. She is being as feisty as ever.

My father is home, and is attempting--sort of--to help with the caregiving. The whole reason I am here is because he has been gone on business. I swear, his fuse is getting shorter and shorter each time he returns. He seems to have no patience with his mother, whatsoever. It is seriously ulcer-inducing for those of us who have to listen to their squabbling. It stresses me out to hear them interact.

Hold on, must reposition her.

I don't know how much longer...hold on, need to get water.

Now I can't find the dang Thick-It. Sheez. I ought to just buy a case of the stuff.

Anyway, I can't remember what I was going to say. Something to do with getting Ms. J back from the hospital. Oh, they took her off most of the pain meds, thinking that was causing her to pass out on us. So, now the poor lady can't get comfortable and is cranky and irritated from breakthrough pain. I really don't know what the solution might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment