Friday, January 22, 2010

Swallow Evaluation...Barium-Style

Ms. J suddenly can't swallow. I don't know what is going on, but we fear that she has had another stroke. We took her to her doctor this week, and a swallow test was prescribed for two days later. It did not go well.

For one, she couldn't swallow the barium.

Two, the male lab tech was a jerk. He asked Ms. L (one of Ms. J's caregivers who had accompanied her that day) "Is she ALWAYS like this?" in a scathing tone, right in front of Ms. J. You don't SAY things like that to a patient, especially an elderly patient who has had multiple strokes and is coming to you FOR HELP. You just don't. God, I wish I would have been there. She is @#$@ing disabled, you freaking horse's arse!

I am currently in the process of finding out who this person was and the name of his immediate supervisor. I can't believe someone would act that way to a helpless little old lady who can not even speak up for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment